Back to the index page  
Sound Borb manager!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BloodLust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Sound Borb manager!! Reply with quote
Sound Borb manager is a front end to the Sound Borb. The Idea was to be able to easily manage you're borb files.

Deleting an entire Borb file set.
. SBM can delete all files(music and images) and entries of a Borb set.
. It can even finish deleting an incomplete borb set (IE only the title and image file exists).

Sorting Ambiance List
. SBM allways automatically sorts the Ambiance Play List when saved.

Auto mp3 to ogg convertion
. If you select a mp3 file, the SBM application will automatically convert it to a ogg file and add it will be added to the audio directory.

Some Notes about the Application....
. You can right click anywhere on the "grid"/"Picture" and the "borb ambiant list" to get additional options like add/edit/Save etc....
. The listbox at the bottom gives various information of what is currently happening in the background of the application. At the very least this list box should give you a descriptive reason why something isn't working.
. you can leave ur mouse over most items to get a short description on what they do.

You can always get the latest and amazing (or at least soon to be) Sound Borb Manager from ......

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=205454

Image..
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=205454

Last edited by BloodLust on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
BloodLust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just added V004.

Fixed a bug that saved the updated dat file to the wrong name.

http://mtirnanic.googlepages.com/SoundBorbManagerV004.zip
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool, I'll check this out tonight after work...

Thanks,
Tom
BloodLust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
New one yet again Smile its starting to look like something now.

http://mtirnanic.googlepages.com/SoundBorbManagerV005.zip
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's very nice. FYI, I get an unhandled exception by clicking in the box next to a sound file in a borb. And how do I write to a .dat file? I can change things, but I don't see any obvious way to save my changes...

Quote:
Find and change the value towards your sound borb directory.
<setting name="BorbLocation" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files\SoundBorb</value>
</setting>

You might be interested to know that the location of the Sound Borb directory is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\SoundBorb.ini

Looks good, but still needs some work...

Thanks,
Tom
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would you mind create us an installer for this? As for my Borbifier I included all files in my EXE so people just have to extract one file and then they're ready to go. And as a matter of fact such a manager tool has allready been done before. It is a nice tool but I wouldn't mind seing a nice question asking where you have your files stored instead of asuming the customer have the files stored at the exact same location as the developer does. So I say thanks but no thanks for now at least.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jobro wrote:
And as a matter of fact such a manager tool has allready been done before.

Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of this new tool is to allow editing of existing borbs, right? I don't think that has been done before...BorbLoader, to my understanding, edits the borb list, but not the borbs themselves. I could be wrong, though, because I couldn't figure out how to save the borb after editing it.

I'm not certain I'd like to see an installer...from the user's perspective, installers always seem like a pain in the ass to me. But the directory structure does need to be cleaned up a bit.

Tom
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tgersic wrote:
That's very nice. FYI, I get an unhandled exception by clicking in the box next to a sound file in a borb. And how do I write to a .dat file? I can change things, but I don't see any obvious way to save my changes...

Quote:
Find and change the value towards your sound borb directory.
<setting name="BorbLocation" serializeAs="String">
<value>C:\Program Files\SoundBorb</value>
</setting>

You might be interested to know that the location of the Sound Borb directory is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\SoundBorb.ini

Looks good, but still needs some work...

Thanks,
Tom

When u say the box next to the sound file do u mean the column where the intensity is????

To save to a dat file right click anywhere on the grid to get a pop-up menu with options including Save. Also for the ambiance list.

Thanx, I didn't know about the ini file but like I said in the readme file I just wanna get the average expected things up and running, also this is the apps early release.
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
tgersic wrote:
jobro wrote:
And as a matter of fact such a manager tool has allready been done before.

Unless I'm mistaken, the idea of this new tool is to allow editing of existing borbs, right? I don't think that has been done before...BorbLoader, to my understanding, edits the borb list, but not the borbs themselves. I could be wrong, though, because I couldn't figure out how to save the borb after editing it.

I'm not certain I'd like to see an installer...from the user's perspective, installers always seem like a pain in the ass to me. But the directory structure does need to be cleaned up a bit.

Tom

The link to that manager tool DOES NOT WORK!!!! so i have never seen it and besides this is an interesting project for me.

I have never been an installer man myself and allways leave that for last, I will eventually create an installer but will leave a zip version aswell.

I'm guessing what you mean by directory structure is the contents of the zip file, this app is in its beta stage and the reason why I released it so early is to get some opinions from people.
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out soundborb's homepage. It is there and it WORKS!

Here is the download link:
http://www.gersic.com/soundborb/BorbLoader.rar

Last edited by jobro on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jobro wrote:
Would you mind create us an installer for this? As for my Borbifier I included all files in my EXE so people just have to extract one file and then they're ready to go. And as a matter of fact such a manager tool has allready been done before. It is a nice tool but I wouldn't mind seing a nice question asking where you have your files stored instead of asuming the customer have the files stored at the exact same location as the developer does. So I say thanks but no thanks for now at least.

The installer will eventually be added.

The link to the manager tool does not work!!!

I'm guessing what you mean by "nice question asking" is where my sound borb app is installed ..... "C:\Program Files\Utils\SoundBorb".

I will be adding something that will ask you where you're soundborb is installed so that u don't have to add it manually in the config file. This is an early release, just wanted some opinions about the app. I know that not every1 is gonna have it installed in the same place but I just took a most likely guess for now.
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jobro wrote:
Check out soundborb's homepage. It is there and it WORKS!

Here is the download link:
http://www.gersic.com/soundborb/BorbLoader.rar

This link you gave me now works thanx.

This borbloader is nothing at all what borb manager is. They are two completely different applications and nor to I intend on having borb manager to be like it.
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Various Improvements....

download from......

V0.006
------

Copies "Wav" files aswell now when loading a sound file from a outside directory.
Added a pop-up menu on the image frame (can load images etc...)
Added more error check conditions.
Added more message notifications.
Added more tooltips. Can see tips when hovering over the grid headers and all right click pop-ups.
Shows if the "Descriptor details" and/or "ambiance list details" have been modified in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
Added a File menu.

Some Notes about the Application....
You can right click anywhere on the "grid"/"Picture" and the "borb ambiant list" to get additional options like add/edit/Save etc....
The listbox at the bottom gives various information of what is currently happening in the background of the application. At the very least this list box should give you a descriptive reason why something isn't working.
you can leave ur mouse over most items to get a short description on what they do.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
BloodLust wrote:

When u say the box next to the sound file do u mean the column where the intensity is????

Seems to be fixed in the latest version.

Quote:
To save to a dat file right click anywhere on the grid to get a pop-up menu with options including Save. Also for the ambiance list.

Ah, got it. That could be more straightforward. I didn't even think to right-click on the grid. Perhaps a save button somewhere would be good to have?

Quote:
Thanx, I didn't know about the ini file but like I said in the readme file I just wanna get the average expected things up and running, also this is the apps early release.

Yup. Still, it would be nice not to have to edit the config file right off the bat...

Looks like it's coming along well.

Tom
BloodLust

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoundBorbManagerV007 is out.....

Get it at.... (You will allways be able to get the latest version from this link)

v0.007
------
Added Mp3 to Ogg convertion. Please read the readme file for more details.
it will ask you to find where soundborb is located when its not found, no more needed to manually type it in anymore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: