Back to the index page  
Installation question

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qveda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Installation question Reply with quote
Hi, I downloaded/extracted into a folder on my WinXP PC. Ran the setup.exe. SoundBorb does not appear in Program Files, but can be launched from within its folder . Is this the intended installation?

I can launch Soundborb and play the two borbs that came with it.

I downloaded a new borb. it seems fine. but SoundBorb does not display it in its drop down menu, so I can't play it.

can you point me to some set up info that clarifies this for me ?

thanks
-Qua
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi qveda,

Sound Borb doesn't come with a setup.exe, so I'm not sure what you may be seeing. To run Sound Borb, you double-click on SoundBorb.exe. If you would like to see Sound Borb in your Start Menu, right click on SoundBorb.exe, and select "Pin to Start Menu". Or you can just drag SoundBorb.exe to the Start Menu.

When you download a new borb, you need to run the AmbienceInstaller.exe program that comes with that borb. It will install it, and tell you to restart Sound Borb. At that point, the new borb will be shown in your playlist.

Thanks,
Tom
qveda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah! yes, I meant soundborb.exe.

I will try pinning it as you suggested. In the meantime, when I click on soundborb.exe, it brings up a Run / Cancel window. Should I expect to see that each time ?

Once I ran the ambience installer, it worked fine Smile I must have missed that somewhere.

thanks!
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not sure what you mean by a Run/Cancel window. Are you referring to something like this:

I don't have Vista, so I'm not sure, but I imagine if you uncheck that "Always ask before opening this file" box, it will stop asking you.

Tom
qveda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi again,
I'm running XP. but I didn't think to uncheck the box d'oh!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: