Back to the index page  
can I cycle borbs?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sid Wells

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: can I cycle borbs? Reply with quote
Can I cycle Borbs?

For example: If I want a soundscape to take the listener on a journey say starting by the sea, then into the countryside, on into a city and finally starting again back at the sea.

I can crate a borb for each region but is it possible to cycle or randomise the borbs?

I have only discovered Borb today so excuss me if this is obvious..

Cheers!

Sid
jobro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no way to cycle borbs. I dunno if Gersic is working on this, but I think that you can create 3 borbs in one if you are using the happyness meter. Neutral for one borb, happy for another, sad for the third one. Just a speculation.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it's something I've been meaning to add. My first priority is to rewrite the audio engine, but I haven't gotten to that yet. Jobro is mostly right about using the happiness meter, but you could really only do two different sub-borbs that way, happy and sad, because neutral will play regardless of where the happiness meter is. You could also run more than one copy of Sound Borb, and control the level of each with the master volume, but that's not automated...
jobro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let's not forget about the intensity slider. It can be used to create subsets of the borbs.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's true.
Sid Wells

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies. What I need tot do is to be able to supply multiple scenes which either cycle as in my first mail or are controlled in other ways, eg time of day, or external inputs to make the program reactive.
We can't do this at present so is there a mechanism for a change request and would this be through you TGersic? I have lots of ideas for functional uses and uses for the commercial environment if you want to discuss..

Kind regards

Sid Wells
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sid Wells wrote:

We can't do this at present so is there a mechanism for a change request and would this be through you TGersic?

Yes, like I said, it's something I've been meaning to add, but haven't gotten around to...Any other requests for changes can be posted here.
jobro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You could do this by getting open 4-5 different scenes then fade one out and then fade the next in. As you have the first faded in you adjust the second so it fits the scene.
TonE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: can I cycle borbs? Reply with quote
Sid Wells wrote:
Can I cycle Borbs?

For example: If I want a soundscape to take the listener on a journey say starting by the sea, then into the countryside, on into a city and finally starting again back at the sea.

I can crate a borb for each region but is it possible to cycle or randomise the borbs?
Yes, you can have this right now. But you need another helper tool called, AutoHotkey. www.autohotkey.com ... so you could change to whatever borb
1. whenever you want
2. in which order you want.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good tip. Thanks for that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: