Back to the index page  
Borb requests

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Borb requests Reply with quote
Do you have an idea of a borb you need? Well post away here and someone might do it.
Onticdeus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Alright. If i had the audio recording equipment, or the ability to come up with creative ideas on how to make these i would. i have the time anyways, but at the moment all i have are concept ideas...
borb helps me write most poems but there are few borb files that inspire any... i guess adventure/love poems. so i had in mind sort of an autumn park idea, where there's a blurred sort of echoed sound of random people but you cant make out their words, a baby crying maybe, and the sound of cotton candy carts rolling down. maybe a street performer at random. some footsteps... plastic bags rolling down the street... wind through leaves obviously. i guess i'd like something like that. another idea would be a forest or lakeside with crickets and a bit of smooth wind, maybe an owl and the sound of leaves moving in the soft wind, even wind along long grass. maybe a bit of mystical ting's like a sense of maybe um... a firefly lighting up i guess but gradual (think individual sparkle). of course the happier the feild the sweeter and smoother the sound, higher pitched and more active, the less happy the more lower sounds, like wind and water's rippling. i like how some sounds are distant, while others are near in so that would be good to implement here... just some ideas... i dunno if anyone's already attempting those, i've metaphorically thumbed through the ones on the download site...
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
First and foremost of all a warm welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry that I don't have the equipment myself to do the recordings you want. But I bet some people here can help you out.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey, Onticdeus, thanks for the good ideas. You'll be happy to know that I'm slowly working on collecting many of the sounds that you talk about...unfortunately, it's been particularly cold here in Chicago, so I've been having some trouble recording much of anything good outside. Wind, however, is not a problem Wink. And I have to get pretty far away from the city to get any nature sounds without traffic/etc. in the distance...As the weather starts to get warmer, though, I'll definitely be putting together these sorts of borbs...

Thanks!
Tom
Onticdeus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thjank you for the welcome Very Happy
To be honest, Chicago was literally the city i had in mind when i thought of that ambient sound thing, which i find hilarious. i live in canada near jasper... so that's just really coincidental and amusing. anyways, i'm glad these are on the works. i really really like this program, it's been very very good to me. keep me posted on the progress if you can! Very Happy
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So you write poems huh? Nice one, care to post one so we can read what all our hard strives have gone to? Very Happy
Onticdeus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol i have them all on lemonfingers.com i'll link you to my profile page. some of them are done during travel, but the ones i'm most proud of are usually done with borb. lyrics tend to mess me up. i have 3 profiles but only the latest has been influenced by borb. (oh and i make all my pictures)

http://www.lemonfingers.com/v1/?f=Sequencing

my others are uh...

http://www.lemonfingers.com/v1/?f=Orphne

(that pic was taken during a walk, and i hadn't had my hair cut in a while)

http://www.lemonfingers.com/v1/?f=TheFewWhoAreLeft

that last one is my oldest one.
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cool! Maybe we could do an all-poetry borblaboration? Everybody records a poem or two, mixed together into a borb... Very Happy
jobro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Then I'm out of the game, sorry. I can grab a pen, but can hardly write a poem. Very Happy
tgersic
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
jobro wrote:
Then I'm out of the game, sorry. I can grab a pen, but can hardly write a poem. Very Happy

Oh, yeah, I can't write a poem either...Maybe Onticdeus would volunteer his, though... Wink
Onticdeus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol i could probably. i hope i'm not the only contributor. my poetry isn't the greatest... i'll contribute mine, i cant say them because i don't have a worthy enough mic.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Sound Borb Forum Index » Sound Borb Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: